Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are what make Sustainable Food Center so successful! Every year, SFC relies on the energy and time of hundreds of volunteers to keep our programs going. Without their devotion, SFC would not be able to help more than 350,000 Central Texans access healthy, affordable, locally-grown food annually.
All new volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Orientation. See below for a list of upcoming Volunteer Orientation sessions and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to attend.
- March 18, 2014 - 5:30pm-6:30pm at the SFC Training Facility, 2921 E. 17th St, Building C (off MLK Blvd and Miriam Street). View map.
Sustainable Food Center will now be obtaining a criminal background check (CBC) for all potential interns and volunteers. The information will remain entirely confidential. All applicants will be responsible for a $10.00 administrative fee which is applied toward the cost of the on-boarding process. Please bring $10 and fill out the CBC form at the next Volunteer Orientation session and RSVP to email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunities vary from week to week and month to month. SFC offers episodic opportunities on any given day of the week as well as committed on-going opportunities. Some examples of episodic opportunities include:
- Graphic design projects
- Presenters and Booth Staffers for Community Outreach Events
- Lead Nutritional Demonstrations for kids and families
- Chef demo assistance
- Garden beautification days
- Assistants for Basic Organic Gardening & Citizen Gardener classes
- Spanish-English translators
- Kids’ Activity Leaders
- Information Booth at the SFC Farmers’ Markets
- Taste the Place Tent
- Office Volunteers for Data Entry
- School Garden Volunteers
- General Administrative Volunteers
In order to become a volunteer with Sustainable Food Center, please RSVP for the next orientation session.
Citizen Gardener Volunteers
Are you a Citizen Gardener student looking for volunteer opportunities to fulfill your 10 hours of service? No need to attend a volunteer orientation. You can volunteer with SFC for hands-on garden/farm related volunteer opportunities and receive credit towards your class requirements; you can also view the Citizen Gardener page for more information and visit a list of Partner Gardens you can volunteer at. To register for upcoming class visit our upcoming classes page.