The Happy Kitchen/La Cocina Alegre™, a nationally recognized cooking and nutrition education program, aids individuals and institutions in making lasting dietary and behavioral changes.
Offering innovative, theory-based, cost-effective solutions to chronic food and nutrition problems impacting individuals and families
in Central Texas, SFC's The Happy Kitchen/La Cocina Alegre® cooking and nutrition education program:
- Teaches skills and self-sufficiency in preparing healthy, economical meals that consist of whole grains, fresh produce and low-saturated fat ingredients.
- Affects positive changes in shopping, cooking, eating habits and nutrition.
- Reduces diet-related diseases (diabetes, overweight, obesity, heart-disease,
- Promotes the health and development of young children.
- Places emphasis on local, seasonal and cultural appropriate foods.
- Integrates food systems concepts into it’s curriculum such as shopping at farmers’ markets and growing one’s own food.
Learn more about upcoming classes here!
Learn about worksite wellness classes and workshops here!