SFC's Farm Direct program promotes access to fresh, healthy food by making locally-grown produce available in the heart of the city and in locations easily accessible by low-income residents.
About Farm Direct
Food is connection. Our four weekly SFC Farmers' Markets are vibrant events that connect local growers and shoppers to ensure that local healthy food gets on your plates at home. Our direct marketing projects—farm-to-cafeteria, farm-to-school, and farm-to-work—connect local farmers with hospitals, universities, schools, and worksites to provide fresh produce to individuals and institutions and strengthen the local economy. We envision a future where everyone in our community sources a significant portion of their food from local farmers and ranchers.
SFC's Farm Direct program promotes access to fresh, healthy food by making locally-grown produce available at four points in the city, at the workplace, in food service operations, and in locations easily accessible by low-income residents.
Want to get connected?
- Come out to the SFC Farmers’ Markets! Our four weekly markets offer customers a place to buy fresh, nutritious, seasonal foods directly from producers year-round. The markets strengthen the local economy, support local farm families, increase sales among adjacent businesses, build community, and support a sustainable food system. And they’re fun!
- Get Farm-to-Work at your worksite and receive deliveries of farm-fresh, locally grown produce at work. Farm to Work offers employees increased access to fresh fruits and vegetables and addresses some key barriers many employees face when trying to add more fruits and vegetables to their diets.
- Ask for local ingredients from your food service provider. Our Farm-to-Cafeteria partners are committed to supporting local farms and providing their customers with the freshest seasonal produce available—all locally grown using sustainable methods.
- Ask your local school leadership and district officials for local, healthy, fresh food in your school cafeteria. When your school is ready, SFC works closely with school food agency administrators to incorporate locally grown, fresh fruits and vegetables into school menus. We assist districts in identifying cost-effective local food options, recommend menu items that feature seasonal foods, and consult on the bidding, contracting, and purchasing processes.
- Stay in touch. Sign up for our SFC Farmers’ Market Rise & Shine newsletter and get weekly recipes, farmer stories, updates on market events, and seasonal harvest reports.