May 9, 2013
Thank you to all who attended our 6th annual Farm to Plate at Barr Mansion on Thursday May 9th! We had 600 guests join the marvelous celebration of local food, honoring Lynn, Tom and Will Meredith with our inaugural Sustainable Food Changemakers award. With wonderful music by Suzuki Strings of Austin and The Lost Pines, our partner food and beverage artisans knocked it out of the park again! We continue to be grateful for the rain our farmers need to harvest the amazing bounty for this event and for our community.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors and the leading Central Texas chefs who demonstrate a commitment to procuring local food.
The event raised funds to expand our programs and allow us to train groups all across the country to grow a strong local food system in their own communities. We're empowering families to feed themselves for a lifetime, and to change the course of agriculture to support environmental, cultural and economic health.
THANK YOU to SFC’s 2013 Farm to Plate Sponsors:
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP, Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts, Michael C. Bell, DDS, PC, Brown McCarroll LLP, BlueAvocado*, Darren E. Geyer, M.D., Brenda Thompson Communications, Borgelt Law, Kelley Burrus Event Group, Happenings Event Productions*, Greenling, Fayruz Benyousef Consulting, Andrea Abel & John Robinson, Laura Estes & Joyce Lauck, Charlotte Herzele, and Friends of SFC
*denotes an in-kind sponsor
And over 25 leading Central Texas chefs with a demonstrated commitment to procuring locally grown food:
• Bryce Gilmore - Barley Swine
• David Bull - Congress Austin
• Maximillian Petty - Olivia
• Alexis Chong - Sway
• Rick Lopez - La Condesa
• Josh Watkins - The Carillon
• Joel Welch - Kerbey Lane Cafe
• Jam Sanitchat - Thai Fresh
• Terry Wilson
• Rob Snow - Fore
• Robert Mayberry - The University of Texas
• Roberto Espinosa - Tacodeli
• Charles Bloemsma - Green Pastures
• Jennifer Bartos - Make it Sweet
• John Bates - Noble Sandwiches
• Jackie Letelier - Pate Letelier
• Lawrence Kocurek - TRACE
• Jessica Maher - Lenoir
• Jason Donoho and Trish Eichelberger -
• Ben Willcott - Texas French Bread
• Jeramie Robison - Uchi
• Tom Pederson - Cocoa Puro
• Nicole Patel - Delysia Chocolatier
• Cocktails by Tipsy Texan and The Goodtime Gals
• Beer from Saint Arnold, Independence and Real Ale Brewing Companies
• Tea from The Barefoot Cook and Zhi Tea
• Sustainably-produced wine and also sake by Texas Sake Co.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO:
Aaron Abeita, photographer. Click here to view a slideshow of photos from Farm to Plate 2013!
Jo Ann Santangelo, visual storyteller
David Barrow, filmmaker
Annie Ray, photobooth