Several of our supporters have asked what's on our Holiday Wish List this year, so we thought we would post it here for all to see. Thank you for taking a look, and should you see any items you are able to provide, please contact Community Relations Director, Susan Leibrock, at susanl AT sustainablefoodcenter DOT org.
SFC Wish List – Winter 2012
- Seeds – vegetables, herbs, and cover crops
- Reusable cloth bags (5-10)
- Flip charts, especially self-standing ones
- Electric teakettle
- Coffeemaker (at least 8 cup capacity)
- Used vertical blinds (to cut up and use as plant markers)
- Work gloves (20 prs)
- Ollas (clay water jugs for underground watering)
- Extension cords (10-50 ft)
- Rolling stainless steel cooking station for both markets for chef’s demos and volunteer-run recipe cooking. Like the Jenn-Aire or Kitchen Aid. A propane tank fits below. Also comes with a three sink system washing station for use in the tent. Also must be rolling.
- PA speakers (gently used are fine). We have the mixer board and the monitors.
- Nice sets of sharp knives.
- Large cutting boards.
- 3 to 4 pop up tents. Gently used are fine.
- Bike Rack for Sunset Valley.
- Pergola materials for Sunset Valley.
- Cord covers (the best ones are about $100 each for 3 fit) to span 100 feet (50 for Sunset Valley, 50 for Downtown).
- 10 picnic style café tables.
The Happy Kitchen/La Cocina Alegre®
- 4 working blenders (value $50 each)
- 4 working food processors (value $80 each)
- 2 immersion blenders (value $40 each)
- 3 foldable dollies ($30.00 each)
Farm to School (Sprouting Healthy Kids):
Farmer Visits and Veggie Sampling
-Purchase of fresh, local veggies for students to sample during lunchtime and provides a stipend for a farmer to visit the cafeteria to talk with students about healthy, local foods twice per year – ($500 for one school; $3,600 for 12 schools)
Family Health Night
-Purchase of fresh, local veggies for use in parent and student meals during health nights or other school event ($250, one event; $6,000, 2 events at 12 schools)
Local Food Promo Materials
-Printing of farmer profile posters, table tents, and shelf tags used to identify and promote availability of local foods in school cafeterias ($350, one school; $4,200, 12 schools)
To make a cash gift this holiday season, please click here. And thank you for your ongoing support!