SFC welcomes AmeriCorps*VISTA members Toi Scott and Vanessa Toro. Toi will work with the Sprouting Healthy Kids project, connecting school wellness leadership teams with SFC’s programs, such as school and community gardening, farm-to-school promotions, and healthy cooking classes. Toi has a masters in Health Advocacy and a strong background in community organizing, environmental justice, and diversity training. Vanessa will also work a portion of her time with Sprouting Healthy Kids, but will primarily focus on building capacity within the Grow Local program to refine and strengthen our Citizen Gardener trainings. Vanessa graduated with honors from Southwestern University in Environmental Studies and Biology, where she helped develop and expand the community garden and coordinated campus composting educational events.
How Are We Sprouting Healthy Kids?
Friday, September 14, 2012
- ACTION ALERT: Call Your Senators Today!
- What Is Your Market Story?
- Meet Philimena Dickson - Parent, Gardener, and Leader!
- Fostering Leaders and Connecting to Food
- Education and Community Garden Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA Position
- Farm to Plate Chefs Announced!
- Volunteer Spotlight: Jenny Houghton
- Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Kicks Off for the 2013 Season!
- Spring planting is here!
- Meet Citizen Gardener teacher, Wendy Leiva!